Music Lessons Barcelona
Music Lessons Barcelona offers instrumental lessons (PIANO, VIOLIN, VIOLA, CELLO, CLASSICAL GUITAR, ELECTRIC GUITAR, DRUMS, SINGING, FLUTE AND SAXOPHONE) in English, Catalan and Spanish at C/Provença 138, in the heart of Barcelona, and prepares students for graded music exams such as ABRSM and Trinity. We teach all levels of ability; from beginner to advanced and encourage anyone to start learning a musical instrument at any age!
Music Lessons Barcelona has an international team of experienced music teachers and performers. Our professionals graduated at the top international Conservatoires and Music Specialist Schools from around the world: the Royal College of Music, the Purcell School of Music and the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom, the Conservatory of Geneva in Switzerland and the Conservatory of Florence in Italy.
The brain has two defined hemispheres. An abstract part (right hemisphere) and a rational part (left hemisphere). Inside the abstract part is the artistic part and the musical skills. The two hemispheres are intertwined and complement each other. Thus, if we develop the artistic part, the whole brain will increase its potential. Musical language, playing an instrument, singing… that is, making music:
– Helps the development of the person, increases intelligence, psychomotor skills and creativity.
– Improves language, memory, behaviour, spatial intelligence and attention-span. Improves mood.
– The person learns work methods, takes care of the details and learns to plan their tasks (homework, work, organisation of time …)
– Grades in school improve because children who make music have easier language, maths and reading comprehension.
– It is a remedy to learn to master shyness and channel your emotions. It helps to overcome your fears and gain security and confidence.
– Learning a musical instrument in English since a young age is going to teach you both the skill to play your instrument and the English language. In our lessons we make use of a rich vocabulary and solely interact with our students in English.
– Having music lessons in English is going to be extremely beneficial when a student decides to take official graded exams such as ABRSM and Trinity as the use of the English language will not be a barrier.