Spain has now received a total of 75,530,781 doses of Covid-19 vaccines (53,482,041 from Pfizer-BioNTech, 10,752,630 from Moderna, 9,127,900 from AstraZeneca and 2,168,210 from Janssen).
Based on total figures collated up to the end of Thursday 23 September, a total of 69,740,837 jabs have now been administered across Spain, representing 92.3% of total doses received. 37,571,186 people have now received at least one dose of the vaccine, representing 79.2% of the total population. 36,335,711 people have now been fully vaccinated*, representing 76.6% of the total population (86.3% of the population aged over 12).
Four regions, Asturias, Galicia, Extremadura and Castilla y León have now fully vaccinated over 80% of their residents.
*Fully vaccinated includes those who have received just one jab of the Janssen vaccine (currently 1,958,722 people), or two jabs of another vaccine.
Spain had set a target of fully vaccinating 70% of its total population by the end of August – in a period of eight months since first starting the vaccinations on 27 December 2020. Figures collated up to 31 August showed that the target was achieved, with 70.3% of the population fully vaccinated at that date.
Overall, 95.0% of all citizens aged over 40 have now received a first jab; 93.6% have been fully vaccinated. For specific age groups:
- Aged 12-19: 82.2% have received a first jab; 73.2% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 20-29: 78.1% first jab; 72.6% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 30-39: 77.1% first jab; 73.4% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 40-49: 87.6% first jab; 85.8% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 50-59: 94.6% first jab; 93.4% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 60-69: 98.6% first jab; 97.0% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 70-79: 99.5% first jab; 98.7% fully vaccinated.
- Over 80s: 100% first jab; 100% fully vaccinated.
For a full breakdown of the number of jabs administered (both first and second jabs) per age group for each region, click here for the latest Health Ministry data. The latest main figures per region collated up to Thursday 23 September are as follows:
|% of Total|
|Castilla y León||2,176,253||1,929,302||80.6%|
|Castilla La Mancha||1,808,784||1,527,597||74.7%|
Click here for all reports on Coronavirus in Spain.