Latest: Coronavirus in Spain figures (28 Dec)
Also read: Details of curfews & restrictions for all regions of Spain during ‘State of Alarm’
The president of the Valencia regional government, Ximo Puig, has announced on Saturday new curfew measures to take effect from 1am on Sunday. The new measures will run until 9 December.
‘We have to react now,’ Puig tweeted. ‘To waste time now is to lose lives, jobs, well-being. These are the new measures of the resolution for all the region of Valencia from 1am [Sunday]. We change the chip. It is time for a new effort.’
The decision to bring forward the curfew measures in Valencia follows ten regions of Spain having now asked the Spanish government to impose a state of alarm in order to enforce such measures – including Valencia. The Spanish government is preparing to hold an extraordinary cabinet meeting on Sunday, in order to approve a nationwide state of alarm, specifically for this purpose.
These are the new measures for the Valencia region, announced by Puig:
- Nighttime mobility is restricted throughout the Valencia region between midnight and 6am.
In that time slot, only those people who are going to work, who come home from work, or who travel due to force majeure, such as for a medical emergency or to care for a dependent person, will be allowed to be out.
- The maximum number of members in a family or social gathering in public spaces is limited to 6 people, and also in private spaces between people who do not live together.
- Parks and outdoor recreation areas may only be open until 10pm.
- In bars, hotels and restaurants:
· Consumption must always be at a table, never at the bar.
· The tables will be for a maximum of 6 people.
The establishments must close at midnight
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited between 10pm and 8am, except in hotels and restaurants.
- The new resolution also recommends citizens to postpone family or social activities that are not essential, as well as limit social activity in general.
Hem de reaccionar ja. Perdre temps ara és perdre vides, treballs, benestar.
Estes són les noves mesures de la resolució per a tota la C. Valenciana a partir de la 1 h d'esta matinada.
Canviem el xip. És l'hora d'un nou esforç.
Declaració completa ací: https://t.co/VfGNtMmY18 pic.twitter.com/OMmNXlNvqz
— Ximo Puig (@ximopuig) October 24, 2020
Click here for all previous reports on: Coronavirus in Spain
Latest: Coronavirus in Spain figures (23 Oct)
ALSO READ: Catalonia also calls for ‘state of alarm’ in order to impose nightlife curfews
ALSO READ: Pedro Sánchez: ‘serious’ situation needs ‘social discipline’ to avoid national lockdown
ALSO READ: Madrid restricts social gatherings between midnight-6am to cohabitants
ALSO READ: Spain’s ‘New Normality’ – key points
ALSO READ: Face masks to remain compulsory until vaccine found, under ‘new normality’
ALSO READ: Lifting of lockdown in Spain – full details of all phases for all regions
Sign up for the FREE Weekly Newsletter from Spain in English
Please support Spain in English with a donation.
Click here to get your business activity or services listed on our DIRECTORY